Are plot sales plain sailing?
Once you have gone to the time and expense of acquiring a site for development, submitted planning, obtained site surveys and reports, secured funding and are underway with construction, the last thing you need is to encounter delays during the sale process. In a recent survey the most common problems encountered in a plot sale were:-
- Boundary issues and inaccurate plans
- Issues with rights of way and services
- Issues with Planning Conditions
- Lack of relevant information
- Missing documents
- Lack of communication
This is not an exhaustive list, but the question is what can be done to ensure that your plot sales run smoothly and your buyers remain happy? The simple answer is to use a firm who will take time to understand your development and provide practical guidance throughout. Here at Lupton Fawcett we will work with developers at every stage – below are just a few of the services which we can offer:-
- We will take full advantage of the services offered by the Land Registry. We can approach the Land Registry to approve the Estate Boundary and Estate Layout as well as approval of any Draft Leases and Transfers. This can greatly reduce time spent on enquiries as well as eliminating unnecessary costs of amending plans and documents once a sale has been agreed
- Taking the time to understand your development and to produce a comprehensive sales pack including all the relevant documents on resale. We are more than happy to conduct site visits to gain a better understanding of your development.
- Streamlining the process to ensure that contracts are issued as soon as we receive instructions, ensuring that we can move the sale forward as quickly as possible.
- Liaising with you on build progress so that we can provide updates to the Buyers’ solicitors and manage the timescales effectively
Please note this information is provided by way of example and may not be complete and is certainly not intended to constitute legal advice. You should take bespoke advice for your circumstances.